The roots of Mystic Congregational Church begin in the Old Road Church, which is still an active church located in Stonington on Pequot Trail. In 1852, the Congregational Church of Mystic Bridge was organized with the blessing of the Road Church and continued to meet in the Proprietor’s Meeting House on Church Street until the church was built and completed in 1860. 42 members constituted the first church membership roles. As membership grew, the church built the Parish Hall which was originally across the street on Broadway and moved in the early 1970′s. After the acquisition of the building which now houses the church offices, a connector was built to tie all three structures together. Our church library was a part of that of that construction.
Membership has continued to grow, as well as our ministries in the community and the world.
The members of Mystic Congregational Church feel a strong desire to remain a vital part of our community through the ministries we offer and our outreach programs that help to fill a variety of needs. We also believe in extending our reach to bring support to many areas of need throughout the world.
In 2002, we celebrated our 150th year and look forward with faith in our future to how God will use us so that future generations may benefit from what we are doing today.